January was full of suspense for my wife and I. We couldn’t wait to meet our daughter. She was due on the 12th, and as the date came and went, I created this playlist, and used it as a musical diary. It covers a wide spectrum of artists: Stevie Wonder, The Make-Up, Todd Terje and even Herb Alpert. Our daughter should have been a Capricorn, but was born eleven days late, an Aquarius, on January 23rd. We adore her! And I hope one day, she listens to this, and hears the love in it. Listen to it here.
Selfie Playlist 6: We’re Having a Baby
- She’s a Rainbow – The Rolling Stones
- She Belongs to Me – Bob Dylan
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Girl from Germany – Sparks
- Give Me Daughters – Jonathan Fire Eater
- We’re Having a Baby – The Make-Up
- Waiting to Know You – The Fiery Furnaces
- I Am Waiting – The Rolling Stones
- Waiting for the Miracle – Leonard Cohen
- Home to You – Cate Le Bon
- Aquarius / Let the Sunshine In – The Fifth Dimension
- I’m Aquarius – Metronomy
- Oh Ali Bell! – The Blood Arm
- Push It – Salt-N-Pepa
- Inspector Norse – Todd Terje
- A Girl Like You – Edwyn Collins
- Girl – The Beatles
- Daddy Cool – Boney M.
- Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone – The Temptations
- Our House – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- German Girl – The Lotus Eaters
- She’s My Baby – Wings
- Baby – Os Mutantes
- This Guy’s In Love With You – Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
Listen on Spotify.
Listen on Apple Music.